"House prices and rents have been rising faster than incomes for 30 years. This is the number one driver of poverty and inequality in New Zealand, however successive governments continue to ignore it. TOP has the policies and courage to address this crisis."
Rebalance house prices and make rents stable, so incomes catch up and make housing affordable again.
- Introduce a small annual tax on urban land to incentivise development and productive use.
- Introduce fairer rights for renters, so they can make their house a home.
- Redirect GST on rates so local authorities are empowered to build infrastructure to support local housing developments.
- Support the development of more liveable cities.
- Support community providers to build affordable rental and social housing.