"House prices and rents have been rising faster than incomes for 30 years. This is the number one driver of poverty and inequality in New Zealand, however successive governments continue to ignore it. TOP has the policies and courage to address this crisis."
Hold house prices and rents stable for a generation, so incomes catch up and make housing affordable again.
- Put a proper tax on housing, the same as all other assets.
- Introduce fairer rights for renters, so they can make their house a home.
- Introduce new legislation that will encourage more affordable and sustainable housing.
- Support the development of more livable cities.
- Support community providers to build affordable rental and social housing.
Updated Tax Calculator coming soon