Candidates Auckland Central | Tuariki Delamere Banks Peninsula | Ben Atkinson Bay of Plenty | Chris Jenkins Coromandel | Rob Hunter Dunedin | Ben Peters Epsom | Adriana Christie Hamilton East | Naomi Pocock Hamilton West | Hayden Cargo Hutt South | Ben Wylie-van Eerd Mount Albert | Cameron Lord Nelson | Mathew Pottinger New Plymouth | Dan Thurston-Crow North Shore | Shai Navot Northland | Helen Jeremiah Ōhāriu | Jessica Hammond Rongotai | Geoff Simmons Southland | Joel Rowlands Tauranga | Andrew Caie Te Atatū | Brendon Monk Wellington Central | Abe Gray Whangārei | Ciara Swords
- Comms & Events
Aotearoa’s lockdown continues, and some people have got a bit more time on their hands. Others haven't but are still looking for distractions from their new work-from-home life, their essential work and its new challenges, or the family being so close all the time.
We asked some TOP supporters for their favourite TOP-adjacent books, videos & podcast picks to take our minds off things, learn and challenge our thinking while we’re at home. Here's a list of things we think you’ll find interesting.
While we don't endorse all of the views contained in this content, they’re useful perspectives - as always, no one expert has access to the full truth but it is out there in amongst the fray... Enjoy!
- Utopia for Realists, Rutger Bregman
- Doughnut Economics, Kate Raworth
- Sapiens, Yuval Noah Harari
- The New Zealand Project, Max Harris
- Vanishing Nature: Facing New Zealand’s Biodiversity Crisis, Marie Brown
- Pennies from Heaven, Jess Berentson-Shaw
- Out of the Wreckage, George Monbiot
- More from Less, Andrew McAfee
- Scarcity, Sendhil Mullainathan & Eldar Shafir
- Rules for Revolutionaries, Becky Bond & Zack Exley
- Generation Rent, Shamubeel Eaqub
- A Matter of Fact:Talking Truth in a Post Truth World, Jess Berentson-Shaw
- Freakonomics, Stephen J. Dubner & Steven D. Levitt
- TED: How economic inequality harms societies
- The rules of the game must change
- In a Land of Plenty (NZ)
- Someone Else’s Country (NZ)
- 2040: The Regeneration
- Manufacturing Consent
- TVNZ: What Next
- The Economist: How an obsession with home ownership can ruin the economy
- TED: The dirty secret of capitalism - and a new way forward
- TED: Do Schools Kill Creativity?
- TED: Everything You Know About Addiction is Wrong
- Bryan Bruce interviews Susan St John on Coronavirus
- Against The Rules
- Revisionist History
- Making Sense with Sam Harris
- The Aotearoa History Show
- Pitchfork Economics
- The Knowledge Project
- Two Cents’ Worth
- This Climate Business
Do you like this page?