The Opportunities Party acknowledges that the rainbow community is disproportionately affected by housing insecurity, poverty and mental health issues in New Zealand.
We proudly support our LGBTQIA+ community, and we will continue to advocate for solutions that will deliver fairness for everyone.
We recognise the rights and dignity of all individuals, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. And, we are committed to supporting the well-being of our rainbow communities.
The Opportunities Party supports:
- Policies that protect the rights of the LGBTQIA+ community, including anti-discrimination measures in employment, housing, education, healthcare, and other areas of life.
- Programs and services that address the specific needs of the LGBTQIA+ community, including mental health services, support groups, and outreach programs.
- The recent ban on conversion therapy practices. No one should be forced to change their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- LGBTQIA+ individuals' access to appropriate healthcare, including gender-affirming care and HIV prevention and treatment.
- Raising awareness of LGBTQIA+ issues, including through school curriculums, public campaigns, and community events.
- Encouraging and celebrating diversity and inclusion in all aspects of society, including government, business, and the media.
We recognise the fight for our LGBTQIA+ community is ongoing, and we are committed to working with the rainbow community to achieve full equality and justice for all.