The TOP Staff team currently have the following roles available for the upcoming 2020 General Election campaign.
Each of these roles are voluntary and require around 3 - 5 hours per week. Our staff are from every different corner of the country and we’re really proud of this - we’re truly run by New Zealanders. Therefore, these roles are all remotely based.
To be ready to fulfil a Voluntary Staff role at TOP, you’ll need:
- Strong computer literacy with comfort and familiarity using various remote working and online collaboration software
- Experience, familiarity (or the willingness to develop such) working in dynamic, low-resource, start-up teams
- High tolerance for dynamic, collaborative, fluidly-managed working environments
- Proactive, assertive, collaborative, non-aggressive and compassionate communication
Job descriptions are created when the position is filled, based on the descriptions below. Like all roles at TOP, we’re in a flexible and dynamic environment so all jobs can be described as “pitching in and giving it your best shot”, rather than the set tasks and responsibilities of a paid employment role.
Note that Candidate Applications are still being received until the end of April, but expressions of Interest for Board Member position have now closed. Please email email@example.com for more information.
POSITIONS VACANT as at March 2020
Positions of expertise (prior experience or expertise required)
- HR Manager - Place volunteers and paid contractors into staff roles, including overseeing the administration (contracts and Job Descriptions) required to place volunteer staff in formal roles, including maintaining the org chart and positions vacant list.
- SEO professional - IT professional with abilities to work with our web development team to improve SEO of our webpage, and online presence (such as Google profile, Wikipedia etc)
- Content Manager - overseeing the publishing of content on multiple social media platforms. Acting as a point of connection, prioritisation and management between creative workstreams, such as design, videography and copywriting and delivery via IT systems, Social Media, and party Communications. Ability to prioritise content, facilitate responses to a dynamic environment, and lead the team with agile decision-making.
- Media/PR - preparing press releases, contributing to announcements and managing relationships with media. Delivering Public Relations messages, and sourcing new opportunities for these messages to be delivered to our public.
- Constitutional Review - Experts in areas of law and organisational constitutions writing required to assist in the review of the Party Constitution which was written in 2016 and is no-longer fit for purpose.
- Volunteer OnBoarding administrator - Job Description available. Receive volunteer sign-ups via email and action by conducting an initial phone call and/or screening against current positions vacant requirements, and/or referring to other staff according to skill set provided.
- Newsletter Editor - collate news updates from staff (keeping an eye out for ideas) and build an engaging and lively email newsletter.
- Enquiries Administrator - monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org email address, providing responses to information requests, forwarding emails to other staff as required, and provide a first point of contact and filter for inwards communications to the party.
- Video Project Manager - coordinate and oversee the production of videos, ensuring strong communication between creative design, IT and other operational areas. Troubleshooting and prioritisation to keep the video projects on track.
- Blog Manager - coordinating blog contributions and overseeing publication and scheduling of blog posts.
Regional Coordinators (RC) - In all Regions of New Zealand we welcome Regional Coordinators who are keen to help organise and facilitate the activities of local volunteers. You’ll work closely with other RC’s around the country, with our National Coordinator, Craig McDonalnd, and with Candidates in your electorate. This is a real grass-roots role that is incredibly important to TOP’s election success. We have particular need for RC’s in the following areas:
- Auckland Central,
- Hutt Valley,
- North and South Canterbury
Please send a short statement of your interest and applicability for these roles, including any prior experience or CV information that may be relevant through to our Volunteer OnBoard Coordinator James email@example.com, who will help your application proceed to the staff members required.
Do you like this page?